The Orchid Inn at San Simeon is a gracious boutique hotel located on the majestic California Central Coast in San Simeon CA minutes from Hearst Castle and Cambria.
San Simeon California, nestled between the rolling mountains and a spectacular coastline, enjoys a coastal setting with a rugged beauty that allows you to escape from modern day cares. San Simeon is an ideal location, midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, that is perfect as a weekend escape destination or as an overnight stop on a California coastal tour.
Here you will find a rich history of romance and decadence exemplified by the magnificent Hearst Castle. This historic architectural landmark is the former residence of newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst. The 165-room Moorish castle furnished with Spanish and Italian antiques and art is a stunning attraction and a must see for travelers. Another popular nearby attraction is the Piedras Blancas elephant seal rookery, located just north of the hotel along historic Highway One.
Whether you are looking for a vacation rich with unique sightseeing opportunities, a trip to the fabulous Hearst Castle, a stopping point between Los Angeles and San Francisco, or simply a coastal getaway with spa services and quality amenities, your visit to The Orchid Inn at San Simeon will be a memorable one.
The Orchid Inn is pleased to offer tour group discounts. We also have packages available that include Hearst Castle tickets.
an Simeon, California is located on the southern edge of the Big Sur area on California’s Central Coast. It features a rugged, scenic coastline and is located five minutes north of the quaint town of Cambria and five minutes south of California’s famed Hearst Castle. The Orchid Inn is San Simeon’s only boutique hotel and offers guests the experience only a small boutique hotel can offer.
For customized driving directions:
- San Simeon climate is mild with average temperatures of 50F to 70F with seasonal fog.
- Distance to major cities: 40 Miles to San Luis Obispo, 135 miles to Santa Barbara, 212 miles to San Francisco, and 228 miles to Los Angeles.
- Hearst Castle is located just minutes away from The Orchid Inn at San Simeon with daily tours offered each day except for Thanksgiving, Christmas and News Years Day.
- The Paso Robles wine region is located 30 minutes east of the hotel in San Simeon.
- Nearby Cambria is a noteworthy artist town featuring numerous shops, restaurants and galleries.
- The California central coast is known as a premier bird watching destination. Local tours by land or kayak available.
- An abundance of impressive state parks located nearby.
- Elephant Seal Rookery is located roughly 5 miles north of San Simeon – a unique opportunity to view these remarkable creatures up close.