Self-care activities that nourish the spirit are food for the soul. For certain people, this involves religion. For others, it’s simply being in touch with their inner-self. Spiritual self-care is what helps you achieve inner peace whether it be meditation or taking part in religious activity.
Physical self-care isn’t just going on a trip to the spa to get a full-body scrub or massage. This also includes the grueling process of working out, eating healthy and keeping your body in good shape. You know it’s true self-care when you continuously reap its benefits.
Keeping the mind active is just as important as keeping the body active. Intellectual self-care includes expanding ones’ knowledge and keeping the mind sharp. Reading, solving puzzles, and engaging in intelligent conversations are a great way to do so.
Bottling up emotions isn’t good for one’s overall wellbeing. Emotional self-care is being able to handle feelings in a healthy way. Having an effective outlet to do so is one way. Journaling and reflective meditation can help you stay in touch with your emotions.
Soothe the senses with nourishing stimuli. This helps lower stress levels and calm down anxiety. Listening to music, lighting up scented candles, drinking tea or even a day at the beach is the way to go.
Make sure to surround yourself with people who support you and be supportive too. As much as it’s reasonable to cut off toxic people from your circle, you yourself should work on toxic habits that affect those you love. Go out and have meaningful interactions with your family and friends.
The 6 aspects of truly effective self-care
More from LifestyleMore posts in Lifestyle »
- Scott Popescu, the Founder of BrookHaven Media Shares his Experience with Social Media Marketing
- a$ad Shares How to Create a Music Brand for Yourself and Achieve Success in the Music Industry.
- Chidi Udengwu Shares his Journey to the NBA Draft
- Mind-body solution with Dr. Tevin Naidu – South Africa’s number 1 mental health podcast
- Why a gentle pediatric sleep trainer is important for you and your restless baby and how to find oneWhy a gentle pediatric sleep trainer is important for you and your restless baby and how to find one